Pine Tree Furs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Translating The Furry Language

2 posters

Go down

Translating The Furry Language Empty Translating The Furry Language

Post by Djur Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:07 pm

So still being new to the furry community I decided it prudent to do research and having decided this have been doing so. A competent understanding of the language has been of high priority and I would like to confirm some of my translations.  study 

This is a test translation pleas correct me where I am wrong:

“Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There’s a frood who really knows where his towel is.” (Sass: know of, be aware of, meet, have sex with; hoopy: really together guy; frood: really amazingly together guy).

This roughly translates in furry to:

"Hay (alternately onomatopoeia of appropriate animal call), you yiff that furry rainbowsparklepaw? There's a popuFur who really knows where his tail is.” (Yiff: meet, make fox noises at, hug, have crazy animal sex with; Furry: really together guy; popuFur: really amazingly together guy).

Djur

Back to top Go down

Translating The Furry Language Empty Re: Translating The Furry Language

Post by AirRaiser Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:15 pm

I have been in the fandom for a number of years, and I have no idea what you just said there...

There's really no "furry language" per say, just slang terms.
Yiff = Sex
Popufur = popular furry (IMO: PopUfur is usually someone who's become popular by being a jerk of sorts. Not always though.)
AirRaiser
AirRaiser

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/airraiser/

Back to top Go down

Post by Djur Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:33 pm

The first part (So through wrong:) is a sort of introduction to the rest of the comment. I do this a lot in an attempt to minimize confusion. This dose not always work. Neutral 
The second part (“Hey through guy).) is a quote from Douglas Adams 'hitchhikers guide to the galaxy' on understanding hitchhiker slang.
The third part (This roughly through guy).) is something of a joke on terms and trends I've encountered in my research, and it breaks into three parts.
First the variability of the term yiff for which i have found several definitions with sex being the most common.
Second naming tendencies I've noticed in the fandome which can be vary colorful and
Third the sentiment you expressed on the topic of PopUfurs which seams to be a widely held opinyion.  "really amazingly together guy" should have been in italics.
finally the entire comment should have been punctuated by this lol! 
hope this clears things up

(all this being said in good natured dry humor  Smile .)

Djur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down